Changes To the Way We Work
At Ice White Grays we have worked very hard over many years to provide a super safe service for all our patients and the COVID-19 pandemic has created some very big hurdles for the whole dental profession – following the recently published guidelines we have had to introduce a new way of working for the foreseeable future – it will be very different to what you have been accustomed to but for everybody’s safety we have to follow these new rules just like other walks of life but we are closer to the problem!
So we have put together a list of sensible precautions for everyone to follow.
Having made your initial booking by phone:
- We will call you one day before your appointment to update your medical history and carry out a Covid-19 risk assessment.
- You should come in alone (with the exception of children under 16 and patients needing support or supervision).
- Please do not arrive very early to the practice because we cannot let you in.
- If necessary, you should wait outside the practice nearby.
- You might consider waiting in your car and we can call you when you can enter the practice.
- The front door will be locked and a member of staff will open it for you.
- You will be asked to sanitise your hands on arrival.
- Please do not bring any unnecessary bags, briefcases, rucksacks, shopping etc with you – we cannot allow them in the surgery anymore. Any belongings you do bring please put in a sealed bag and leave at reception at your own risk
- Social distancing of 2 metres must be observed in the dental practice.
- We will recheck the previous day’s risk assessment on arrival.
- Elective procedures may be deferred or reassessed.
- Half day sessions are now either all Non AGP appointments or all AGP appointments (see below).
- Staff will avoid shaking hands.
- Treatment is provided only with an appointment.
- Payment should preferably be made by cards.
- We will follow up within 14 days of the appointment to ask whether you have since developed COVID symptoms.
- Appointments are scheduled to avoid contact with other patients or higher risk patients.
- Appointments will be spread out to allow enough time to disinfect all areas and avoid cross-infection between patients in waiting rooms – this will reduce the amount of appointments available but is for the safety of everybody.
- A list of everybody entering the building will be kept for tracking and tracing purposes.
* AGP means aerosol generating procedure – any treatment producing a spray. These spray particles can contain the Coronavirus which could be spread to the staff or the next patients if we don’t follow the rules.
A non AGP appointment means diagnosis and treatment planning – basic triage, minor repairs, denture work and pain relief with minimal contact in order to assess you for further treatment.
We will explain all this to you at the time but please accept our apologies while we put these changes into place – we would rather not be doing all this either but the Coronavirus shows no mercy!