Dear all Ice White Dental patients
27th July 2020
We opened on 22nd June and all our social distancing measures are in place and road tested – the staff have been well prepared on the infection control procedures and all PPE measures have been addressed apart from a few mask face fit tests still to be passed. All our dentists have now restarted too.
I am pleased to say that the reception from the patients so far has been nothing short of brilliant (THANKYOU) and very encouraging and everybody is getting used to the new normal – but that is the same wherever you go.
So we are open for normal appointments – emergencies – continuation of unfinished treatments and recalls are going out shortly too
Please ring on 01375 372111 for an appointment
16th June 2020
Changes To the Way We Work
At Ice White Grays we have worked very hard over many years to provide a super safe service for all our patients and the COVID-19 pandemic has created some very big hurdles for the whole dental profession – following the recently published guidelines we have had to introduce a new way of working for the foreseeable future – it will be very different to what you have been accustomed to but for everybody’s safety we have to follow these new rules just like other walks of life but we are closer to the problem!
So we have put together a list of sensible precautions for everyone to follow.
Having made your initial booking by phone:
- We will call you one day before your appointment to update your medical history and carry out a Covid-19 risk assessment.
- You should come in alone (with the exception of children under 16 and patients needing support or supervision).
- Please do not arrive very early to the practice because we cannot let you in.
- If necessary, you should wait outside the practice nearby.
- You might consider waiting in your car and we can call you when you can enter the practice.
- The front door will be locked and a member of staff will open it for you.
- You will be asked to sanitise your hands on arrival.
- Please do not bring any unnecessary bags, briefcases, rucksacks, shopping etc with you – we cannot allow them in the surgery anymore. Any belongings you do bring please put in a sealed bag and leave at reception at your own risk
- Social distancing of 2 metres must be observed in the dental practice.
- We will recheck the previous day’s risk assessment on arrival.
- Elective procedures may be deferred or reassessed.
- Half day sessions are now either all Non AGP appointments or all AGP appointments (see below).
- Staff will avoid shaking hands.
- Treatment is provided only with an appointment.
- Payment should preferably be made by cards.
- We will follow up within 14 days of the appointment to ask whether you have since developed COVID symptoms.
- Appointments are scheduled to avoid contact with other patients or higher risk patients.
- Appointments will be spread out to allow enough time to disinfect all areas and avoid cross-infection between patients in waiting rooms – this will reduce the amount of appointments available but is for the safety of everybody.
- A list of everybody entering the building will be kept for tracking and tracing purposes.
* AGP means aerosol generating procedure – any treatment producing a spray. These spray particles can contain the Coronavirus which could be spread to the staff or the next patients if we don’t follow the rules.
A non AGP appointment means diagnosis and treatment planning – basic triage, minor repairs, denture work and pain relief with minimal contact in order to assess you for further treatment.
We will explain all this to you at the time but please accept our apologies while we put these changes into place – we would rather not be doing all this either but the Coronavirus shows no mercy!
1st June 2020
These are very frustrating times for all of us – as many of you may know the Government, in a surprise move, announced last week that dental practices can resume face to face care from June 8th providing all necessary measures are in place.
So this does not mean we can simply open the doors and start again as before – the very nature of dental work means we work in close proximity to you the patients and our support staff.
New operating procedures now have to be put into place and new PPE stocks have to be obtained in large quantities, staff trained accordingly as well as putting social distancing measures into place in the rest of the Practice environment – for your protection as well as the staff.
As a profession we are anxiously waiting on these new clinical guidelines to be published (YES!).
As soon as they are published dentists will adapt them to their own circumstances but one thing is for sure – dental work and the way it is delivered will be different so PLEASE BARE WITH US WHILE WE WORK ON THESE NEW MEASURES – they are for everybody’s protection.
When we do open we will first prioritise the problems that have inevitably built up during the enforced Lockdown period so please do not contact the surgery just yet for your routine examinations.
Sessions are likely to divided into
- Triaging and minor repairs requiring less PPE
- More extensive work and repairs involving more extensive PPE and Covid-19 procedures
We will keep you informed of a likely start up date when we know more
WE ARE WORKING AS FAST AS WE CAN WITH LIMITED INFORMATION AT PRESENT
27th March 2020
We are very proud of the care and service we provide at Ice White and we are grateful to all our patients that continue to support our fabulous team.
It is therefore with great sadness that we have taken the difficult decision to move to urgent emergency dental care only for the foreseeable future.
This has been a hard decision based upon advice from the British Dental Association, the Chief Dental Officer for England and the General Dental Council.
For patients that have booked appointments, you will be hearing from us to postpone your appointment and we will rearrange them all in due course in safer times.
Patients that have a dental emergency, can call the practice in normal hours 9am to 5pm on 07521 969519 where you will be triaged and advised.
We will only see patients if the emergency is absolutely necessary and safe to do so avoiding the production of harmful aerosol vapours.
Please rest assured we will keep you updated and we hope to be up and running as soon as it is safe to do so for everybody.
Please listen to the government and NHS advice, take care and stay safe.
Ice White Dental
At Ice White Grays we offer a complete range of dental services.
- We provide the information so that you can make the choices that best suit you.
- We are long established in Grays Thurrock.
- Our reputation is built on years of clinical experience and listening to our patients.
- All of our staff take the time to give you the attention that you require.
- We always seek to provide the latest techniques…..learning never stops!
- We aim to provide affordable treatments to a high standard.
- Ice White Grays place great emphasis on prevention through consistent advice and regular monitoring.